Frequently Asked Questions about our solutions
- Which pager is the best for queue management in restaurants?
- Do you have a finance option for a bulk business purchase?
- I saw your lobster pager & wondered about special requests or moulds?
- Which device has the longest range if customers want to wander?
- Are pagers waterproof?
- Can two way wireless radios have an earpiece fitted for door staff?
- Do pagers need charging daily? How many hours from one battery charge?
- Does the customer pager come with warranty?
- What about the transfer of microbes between users of pagers?
- Are the pagers using the latest technology?
- Do the emergency call buttons work on batteries?
- Table Tracker System, is there any maximum number of tables?
- How big are your pagers? How heavy are they?
- Do your Pagers have an anti theft system fitted?
- Customer coaster pagers were invented in 1993 by Long Range Systems. The Coaster Call pager is extremely robust, takes up minimal space (these coasters stack when on charge) and are a low cost option. The customer pagers that LRS makes today also includes the Adverteaser, Pizza pager, Lobster pager (for seafood restaurants) and our new SafeTouch pager that kills microbes on contact, perfect for restaurants and anywhere that cleanliness is critical (such as a hospital).
- Long Range Systems UK offers a leasing facility for all purchases of £1000 excluding VAT at excellent rates to our customers.
- Unfortunately because the moulds cost substantial money we are unable to offer custom made pagers for less than a quantity of at least 100,000 units.
- While our regular pagers offer a range of up to two miles (with the correct transmitter) for customers that might want to leave the immediate vicinity our SMS Text messaging system (known as the Freedom Transmitter) is the best solution for that purpose. Obviously with a cell phone SMS range becomes a non-entity.
- We make a Pager called the Aqua pager that is waterproof to 1 metre submersion. However, most of our customer pagers are splash proof.
- We supply a number of earpieces for all of the two-way radios that we sell, including D shape, C shape and clear acoustic earpieces.
- Pagers typically need charging for at least 6 hours continuous, but once charged will easily last to up to 48 hours of use before a recharge is necessary depending on usage.
- All LRS UK supplied products come with at least three years warranty from the UK offices and we offer an optional 10 year warranty to all purchasers of new paging systems (terms apply). And in fact LED failures on our pagers are some of the lowest failure components on any of our pagers.
- Our SafeTouch pagers are perfect for hospitals as they are manufactured using antimicrobial plastics and kill germs instantly on contact. The SafeTouch pagers are the ONLY pagers that comply with ISO22196:2007.
- Our pagers use digital technology and are based on some of the newest technology around. All LRS products are completely legal in the UK and also meet with CE approvals and are RoHS compliant. We transmit on frequencies as defined by OFCOM the UK’s body for regulation of frequencies here in the UK.
- It is correct that our emergency call buttons do work on battery. However, firstly, when batteries are running low, the unit will page a responsible person (or group) to advise the batteries need changing. However, if a customer needs our emergency or health and safety first aid call buttons to operate on mains voltage no problem, we have a mains conversion kit for most products.
II have a restaurant that could use your Table
Tracker Locator System, is there any maximum number of tables that
can be covered? And can the table tracker locator identify the
exact table a customer is seated
- Table Tracker in fact has no limitation on the number of tables in a restaurant that can be used with the system. What’s more, Table Tracker can isolate a customer to an exact table they are sitting at, and even copes with when a customer moves tables during food preparation (maybe they just did not like the choice of table they made first).
- Customer pagers come in a range of sizes from around 100mm x 100mm x 20mm for coasters, but our SafeTouch and Adverteaser pagers are approximately 200mm x 50mm x 15mm. Staff pagers are typically just 75mm x 50mm x 18mm. Our products while robust are not too heavy to carry but are sustantial enough to protect your investment.
- All of our customer pagers can operate with anti-theft systems within the transmitters.